Friday, January 06, 2006

The Jesus Train

Going back in time to about June of 2005, brings us to my father's previous song which I may have mentioned earlier in my post about the hotdog church. He had entitled this previous song "The Jesus Train's a Comin' Soon", but let's just call it "The Jesus Train".

If you cannot tell yet, my father only writes Gospel songs as far as I know. And he plays these songs on an acoustic guitar, but I want to get these recorded, and he's not here, so you'll have to settle for my scratchy voice and twangy little uke again.

Here is a direct link to the mp3.

Here are the Lyrics:
The Jesus Train

It's been a looooong time coming
are you ready ... are you ready today ...

Here it comes; All aboard.
Next stop, Heaven; Gonna be with the Lord.
Are you comin? Or have you decided to stay? Let's Pray.

Better make up your mind; No more waitin'
No time for procrastinatin'
Jesus is comin' to get us, and take us away ... any day.

If you're thinkin' the train's gonna wait,
You'll get left behind and it'll be to late.
So make up your mind, and come along with me ... you'll see

That Jesus loves you. Bible tells me so.
He's knockin' on your door. So ready to go.
Don't get left behind. It's time to choose.
wadda-ya you got to lose?
what have you got to lose? ... (just) your soul.

Now if you're thinkin the train's gonna wait
You'll get left behind and it'll be too late.
So make up your mind, and come along with me ... you'll see.

Here it comes. Don't be slow.
When it's comin'; nobody knows.
I'll be waitin; But how about you? ... how bout you? ... how bout you?

Words, music, and accompaniment - all by:
Donny Singleton
345 Vista Trail
Farragut, TN 37922

No comments: